Terms and Conditions
- The Company is Dunster House Ltd.
- The purchaser is the person or his agent buying upon his behalf and is responsible for all measurements and designs given to the Company.
- All dimensions to be supplied in Metric. All designs are as viewed from the Outside.
- Orders will only be acceptable and binding if in writing. Should the purchaser change the details of the order and the Company has commenced the manufacturing process, the Company reserves the right to make a charge for reasonable costs involved as each item is bespoke.
- Any orders cancelled before the Company begins manufacturing may be subject to a charge to cover our costs such as administration costs, card fees etc.
- Urgent verbal and telephone orders, to enable production and delivery space to be planned, will only be accepted on the basis that confirmation will be sent by First Class post, fax or e-mail immediately. Where the date of delivery is such to necessitate manufacture being started before such confirmation is actually received the Company shall not be liable for any unforeseeable inaccuracies in the specification of the goods manufactured except insofar as such inaccuracies are caused by negligence and/or breach of contract of the Company. The Company reserves the right to charge the purchaser, in full, for any reasonable costs incurred.
- The balance is due as per our advised methods or if the order is to be collected upon collection or within 1 month of being notified that the goods are ready for collection. If you are ordering online with a debit/credit card and wish the order to be sent to a different delivery address please note that the card will need to pass a 3D Secure check such as Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode and full payment will be required, therefore there will be no outstanding balance due at any point.
- If the customer fails to be on site for an agreed delivery, the goods will be returned to our factory for the customer to collect or if a re-delivery is required the Company reserves the right to do so at extra reasonable cost.
- All risks in the goods shall pass to the purchaser or his agent upon delivery.
- The Company will do all it reasonably can to meet the delivery period advised to you. In the case of unforeseen circumstances beyond our reasonable controls such as weather, traffic or mechanical breakdown, we shall contact you and agree an alternative date.
- The Company undertakes to repair or replace or manufacture within a reasonable period of time any of its goods as a result of defective materials or manufacture. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or misdescribed goods. For further information about your statutory rights please contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens' Advice Bureau.
- The Company reserves the right, in agreement with the customer, to request an Independent Inspection of any suspect goods as referred to in (11), above, or to carry out a mutually agreed inspection to identify whether the goods have been properly installed, used, maintained, stored or serviced. The Company reserves the right to make a charge to cover any reasonable costs if the goods have not been properly used or installed.
- Materials and goods supplied under this order will be of a satisfactory nature and fit for their normal purpose.
- After delivery of the goods the purchaser shall examine them as soon as reasonably possible and to notify the Company of any fault or damage as soon as reasonably possible in writing.
- We recommend that a competent or qualified person carries out the installation of the goods supplied. Please ensure that the general guidelines supplied with the delivery for the fitting of the goods are read and understood before commencing or organising installation. If in doubt contact the Company's offices.
- All goods should be checked for design details and sizes prior to removing any existing windows or doors and before commencing your installation or hiring of a third party to install your product. Inaccuracies have been known to be caused by the surveying and/or ordering person, before commencing or organising your installation.
- Due to on-site handling, installation methods and the type of opening that the goods are being installed into, minor adjustments may have to be attended to by the installer.
- We may make minor technical changes to the specification of your products that will not be to the detriment of their function or appearance and will not affect the price. Any major changes will be advised for the purchaser's approval or we will refund you in full.
- This order can be cancelled but as all windows, doors and other products are manufactured to the purchaser’s specific requirements and cannot be resold all costs incurred by the company up to the point of cancellation including but not limited to manufacture of the goods will be chargeable.
- All glazed units are supplied to site unglazed – mindful of safety requirements for Manual Handling. Holiday Home windows are delivered pre-glazed, except if they exceed safety considerations.
PVCu Profile White: 10 years as per Selecta Window Systems Ltd. statement below in italics.
PVCu Profile Laminated: 5 years as per Selecta Window Systems Ltd. statement below in italics.
A guarantee is provided on the profile by the manufacturer, Selecta Window Systems Ltd., free of charge, and therefore forms no part of the overall cost. Dunster House Ltd. is not party to the guarantee in any way.
Selecta Window Systems Ltd. Birmingham B44 9EG, undertakes to warrant their PVCu window and door profiles for a period of:
White Profiles: 10 years with respect to colour stability, shape retention, impact strength retention and resistance against attack from salt laden atmosphere, cement mortars, and certain other materials used in house construction.
Laminated Profiles: 5 years with respect to adhesion to laminate, shape retention, and impact strength retention. Laminate profile is very heat absorbent and is therefore not suitable for sunny or warm locations. Please consider this when surveying your installation.
Sealed Units: 5 years against condensation inside the sealed unit, please follow our glazing instructions to ensure the correct installation of the sealed units.
Furniture: 1 year against failure in operation. Please follow the service instructions in the leaflet 'Looking after your Investment'.
Panel Products: White: 5 years against discolouration.
Woodgrain (Laminate) panels are very heat absorbent and are therefore not suitable for sunny or warm locations. Please consider this when surveying your installation.
- The contract turnaround period commences from the next working day after the order has been placed.
- Customers who consequently make amendments to their Order/Contract after production has commenced, without notifying the company to place the order on hold, may be subject to additional charges. This would be dependent upon the changes made and if any additional costs are incurred by the company as a result of the change to Order/Contract, this charges will be passed on to the customer.
- Should the customer make an amendment to their Order/Contract, the turnaround period will be restarted from this point.
- All amendments to the Order/Contract must be confirmed in writing, by the customer. E-mail is sufficient.
- If it is your intention to organise for a third party to install the goods, please ensure that the products have been physically delivered. Check that all parts are present and correct so that in the unlikely event that parts may be missing, wrong or damaged you ensure we have reasonable time* to arrange the delivery of the new parts before confirming an assembly date or prior to engaging a third party to carry out the installation. (*Please note that reasonable time would typically be within one to two weeks assuming replacement parts are in stock, however if we have to order or manufacture parts then the time frame will be longer). Should you use a third party to carry out the installation please ensure that you give them sufficient time to familiarise themselves with and check the materials before committing to an installation date.
- A £40.00 administration fee will be charged for amending confirmed orders after they have been transferred to our Production Department, further charges will apply if physical production of the items has already begun.